Health and Safety Policy
At Middlemount Coal, we are committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment, where everyone is protected from injury or illness. Our aim is to ensure that our Safety and Health Management Systems (SHMS) are integrated into all core aspects of our operations and we develop a culture that is deemed as best practice within safety and health management.
We will maintain an effective SHMS incorporating risk management elements and practices, with clearly defined and measurable objectives and responsibilities.
To demonstrate our commitment in achieving and maintaining our Safety and Health objectives, we will:
- Comply with, or exceed, regulatory requirements.
- Provide sound leadership and set clear accountabilities at all levels.
- Effectively communicate accountabilities and expectations regarding this Policy and its objectives and performance.
- Provide adequate resources, support and training so all our people can carry out their duties safely and effectively.
- Consult with an actively involve employees, contractors and other key stakeholders to maximize effectiveness of our policies, standards, procedures and work practices.
- Establish onsite forums to keep personnel informed and provide for open communication.
- Identify the direct cause of all incidents and take necessary steps to prevent a recurrence.
- Maintain effective health surveillance and occupations rehabilitate programs.
- Routinely measure, review and audit the adequacy of our systems and procedures, and compliance with set objectives.
Our policies will be reviewed from time to time to ensure they remain adequate, encourage best practice and drive our Safety and Health Management planning, implementations, review and continuous improvement processes.
Chief Executive Officer
This policy applies to employees, management and contractors within Middlemount Coal and requires the full cooperation and assistance of all personnel.