Health and Safety
At Middlemount Coal, we are committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment where everyone is protected from injury or illness.
Our Safety and Health Management System is a single, auditable and documented systematic approach, driven by continuous improvement opportunities and initiatives to ensure risks to coal mine workers are at an acceptable level.
Safety and Health Management System elements include
- Leadership and commitment
- Risk and change management
- System performance monitoring and review
- Work force communication, consultation and training
- Incident reporting, investigation and causal analysis
- Audits and inspections
- Contractor safety and health
- Health and hygiene monitoring
- Injury management and rehabilitation
- Emergency preparedness and response
It is accepted that the success of these objectives depends on commitment from all levels and functions within the company, especially from senior management.
We practice Self-care for ourselves, our team and our families.
We respect each other, the community and the environment.
We take individual responsibility for all our actions and strive to contribute positively to Middlemount Coal.
By focusing on individual strengths, we create a cohesive and supportive workplace through the engagement of our people.
We strive for excellence, distinction and quality to achieve success through developing a culture of support and best practice.